Tom Jones performs with "Top 13" boys on American Idol


This was the finale of American Idol for the record books: Steven Tyler sang "Dream On", Jennifer Lopez and her husband Marc Anthony the general dance and kiss on stage, the country legend Tim McGraw and Carrie Underwood hit, James Durbin got his happy ending of Metal with Judas Priest Tom Jones showed the Top 13 people as it is done and Haley Reinhart even sang a chic version of "Steppin 'Out with My Baby" with Tony Bennett.

But the night belonged to Scotty McCreery, who took home the crown Idol.

"It was a moment I will never forget," said McCreery, 17, his win.
"It's all about me the opportunity to realize my dream. I have American Idol. It was a huge dream. It's time for me to start my career. The real work begins."

The second place was Lauren Allen, who says she knew McCreery win, nothing but kind words for his fellow finalist. "It was God's plan for Scotty to get first," said Allen, 16. "Regardless of what has been the way it should be."

Although her voice was to give her trouble on the night of her final performances, the singer says that it does not affect the vote. "My vote has nothing to do with it. Things happen for reason."

And that was the reason to embrace two general on the scene?

"It stays true to his word," McCreery said with a grin. "She told me she was going to do it. It's all fun and games."

While McCreery said that they two are not dating, he could not stop boasting Alain."It's expensive," he said.
"She's just so amazing. This is the special relationship we have."

Season 10 finalists even planning a duet.
"We talked about this for some time," said McCreery. "I think we sound great together, so I think it would be a wise choice."

Further, McCreery plans to enter the studio and record a great album, the country as soon as he can. "It is my duty," he said. "I have to my fans."

But initial, he look forward to a little downtime.
"I just want to chill on the couch," he said, "and watch Sports Center."

Comments (0)