Mother of all shocks: Balotelli dedicates Italy triumph to his mum Silvia


Mario Balotelli fired Italy at Euro 2012 final - then dedicated the two goals of his mother.

Striker Balotelli Manchester City went into the stands and hugged his adoptive mother Sylvia, after a shock victory over Germany, Italy, and promised to defeat Spain in the finals on Sunday.

Balotelli said: "What is the image I will take this game? Of course, after the game, when I went to my mom, and I said," These goals are for you.

"I've been waiting for this moment for so long, especially because my mother came here and I wanted to make her happy.

"Today was the most beautiful in my life, but I hope that this Sunday is even better. Now we just need to be sure, beat and Spanish.

"In Spain we have the two best teams in the tournament. Can we win? I'll tell you on Sunday. "

Balotelli was kind, arguing that both goals were "light", due to transfers from their teammates.

"The first one was really an amazing pass from Antonio Cassano. When Cassano gives you help, it is easy," he said.

"The second was a great pass from Montolivo. Usually I take a different angle, but I went to the near post."

Italy boss Cesare Prandelli Balotelli called "unique" and claimed the hot head forward followed his orders - at this time.

Prandelli said: "Balotelli was in the game, focused and did exactly what I asked of him. He has a lot of quality and was always ready.

"Balotelli unique, modern striker, atypical, if you will. He is very strong physically and can fight for the team, but always there when called upon in the penalty area.

"He fights for seven or eight minutes, so I do not want to risk his OT for a few days before the finals. He was a bit of muscle cramps and problems. That's all.

"Spain is a brilliant part to play great football, but we are well prepared."

Germany's Philipp Lahm captain said: "Every defeat is bitter, we would have in the tournament, but we do not manage it.

"But if you do not show your full potential at the right time, in certain situations, you lose the game. This is exactly what happened."

For Germany manager Joachim Loew, it was another crushing disappointment.

Despite the achievements of the last four in the fourth World Cup or Euro is working, they still wait until the end of the trophy, which extends to the Euro-96.

Italy and Germany ended 15 match winning streak in the matches.

"We had two great years," said Lowe. "The team is very well developed. We have won 15 consecutive matches, but lost today, with an incredibly strong Italian side, with a strong axis and two big hitters.

"There's no reason to doubt yourself. Our team was very young team here.

"Even if there is a disappointment, we played a great tournament and I'm sure we can cope with this defeat."

Comments (0)